Practically Shooting

Purchased an AR-15 today

wwillson

All,

I made a surprise purchase today, one of those "I gotta get rid of this rifle now because I need the money NOW" deals. I know the individual to be upstanding, just down on luck at the moment, so I took the bait.

Here is what I got:

Bushmaster Stainless Varmint Special

Leupold - VX III LR 6.5-20x40 Varmint Hunter

ARMALITE 30MM SCOPE MOUNT ASSEMBLY

Less than 6 months old. Care to guess what it's worth?

Wayne

Here it is:

So you basically got a top quality scope and mount for free!! cheers2

I haven't shot it a whole lot yet and as such haven't worked up any handloads for it yet, but with factory loads I am seeing groups of about 1.25" @ 100 yards. I hope to tighten that up considerably once I work up some loads.

I bought my first Colt AR in 1978 then bought another one then 2 more so I had 4 . Ars are accurate and easy to shoot. When the Calif government decided to step on the constitution, people I shot with wanted to buy them so I sold them. I would like to get a piston AR though .The direct impingment on the bolt from my experience is a poor design on a rifle you would depend on to protect yourself in a battle field situation . I have gotten my AR dirty enough to have operating problems ,the Chinese ak I used to own would work and work . I like to shoot turn bolt rifles best for recreation .

• 4 weeks later...