Practically Shooting

Range Report: FEG Hi-Power, P95, PPK/S

G-MAN

Went to the pistol range today and took the FEG Hi-Power, the P95, and the PPK/S.

The FEG's sorry trigger took a lot of getting used to. The first 5 rounds I fired at 15 yards didn't even hit the target. It took me about 30 rounds to get used to the trigger and then I could get on the target with some in the black. The gun shoots high at 15 yds, so I had to compensate for that, too. Had 3 or 4 FTEs and stovepipes in 80 rounds fired. I think these were due to me limp-wristing as I was trying to get used to the stiff and creepy trigger.

Here's the 20 rounds I fired from the P95:

And here's a couple of 5 round targets from my PPK/S. The first target only has 4 holes because I had a FTF on the 5th round in the mag:

I hope to shoot my FEG over the weekend.

What ammo were you shooting in the FEG? I ask because I have a Beretta Px4 Storm .40 that stovepipes badly on Monarch (Academy) .40 S&W ammo, but is mostly fine with other branded ammo that seems to be loaded to a higher pressure.

I have not had any issues with the Academy 9mm, in brass or steel, however.

I hope to shoot my FEG over the weekend.

What ammo were you shooting in the FEG? I ask because I have a Beretta Px4 Storm .40 that stovepipes badly on Monarch (Academy) .40 S&W ammo, but is mostly fine with other branded ammo that seems to be loaded to a higher pressure.

I have not had any issues with the Academy 9mm, in brass or steel, however.

MOSTLY!!??

Sounds like a good reason to repair, sell, or trade!

Bob

I know, Bob, it's just not a high priority. I have others I can shoot.

That Px4 Storm .40 was the first firearm I bought in over twenty five years, and it is my least favorite. I have the Px4 compact in 9mm and the Cx4 carbine in 9mm, and they're fine.

But it is kinda irritating that it won't reliably cycle the same ammo that a $160 Hi Point has no problems with.

You all get much snow?