Practically Shooting

Nikon Rifle Scopes...Good or Bad?

Griz

My nephew is looking for a new scope to mount on his .270 rifle. He is looking for a good 3x9. I have no experience with the Nikon scopes. I have always used a Leupold and like them a lot. Not only for the warranty but they just perform well. The scopes he is considering so far is the Nikon Buckmaster or the Leupold VX-2 3x9...any comments?

Thanks,

Griz

Without question.

The 2nd time. But when you buy a new scope, take it out to zero it and find out that shooting the scope it looses zero is not something that would be high on the list.

Once they had it fixed, its been a excellent scope. As good as any other I've looked through.

Leupold is a excellent brand with perfect service. But you do pay for it and personally the Nikon is a little clearer in my eye. (and to be honest, I've only looked through his Nikon less than a dozen times and my Leupolds thousands of times...)

Take care, bill

PS: LOVE your tagline!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You got that right Steve...Leupold does an excellent job of warranty service on their scopes. I bought a used rifle several years ago with a Leupold 3x9 VX2 scope on it that looked like someone used pliers on the adjustment rings. I thought what the heck I'll send it in to Leupold and ask how much it would cost to have the adjustment rings replaced. They sent me a new scope and only charged me for shipping and handling...$15. Now that's what I call service. cheers

Griz