To name a few;

10/22

Marlin Model 60

Marlin 981T

Marlin 39a

Browning BL-22

Savage bolt

So many!

I like the Henrys but both of mine have issues with shooting right. One the scope can be adjusted but the other one has (NEEDS) mad to go back to the factory. I can not adjust the scope enough to put it on paper! wink

I've always had a "few" 22lr but since the idiot was elected I've started shooting them as ammo is cheaper than other stuff.

Even at $15 for a brick.. (thankfully I've got plenty of ammo bought at cheaper prices. But am stocking on the higher priced stuff since I doubt anything is going to get cheaper)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Win 9422 XTR Classic S-L-LR (Made in 1988).

It has the pistol like grip.

Hard to beat the feel of this little gun. Mechanism is sweet. The wood is very nice. This .22 has come to slightly rare. The prices seem pretty high compared to what I paid in 1988, even accounting for (mild) inflation.

The only slight negative (IMHO) is the tube slide lock mechanism.

Better pics here (first one):

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=300065

I'm watching this thread. Would like to buy a .22 for my spousal unit for Christmas. I think a bolt action would be good to start with and have been looking at the Savage MKII. Although I like the idea of a tube-feed like on the Marlins.

• 4 weeks later...

Best ever? Wow, hard to say.

I haven't tried them all, but I've had several.

The old Browning design Winchester pumps are neat. I've never had one that was in the best condition, and I don't do well with their sights, but they still shot well in spite of it.

I have an Anschutz 54 Match that shoots like crazy, but that's different. While they make sporters from the action, I think it's a bit large and complicated.

I've never owned one, but I really like the Browning T-Bolt.

Another I've never had is the Rem 550, but I always thought it was neat.

Same with the Marlin 39. Never had one, but like it.

My brother bought a Winchester 9422 Magnum in the early 70s, and it was always slick as could be.

It was a lot smoother than my Browning BL-22. That short stroke lever sounds nice, but it makes for a stiff action. Stiff trigger too.

I have a Winchester 75 Target that is much lighter than my Anschutz but I can shoot it nearly as well. They are known as the 52's less fortunate little brother, always a little behind, but I like them.

The Winchester 52 itself is a fine rifle. I have a 52 Sporter from 1949 (No, I don't have that kind of money- someone drilled it for scope mounts, twice, which brought it into my price range) and it is a dream to shoot. I love that rifle.

It goes to the top of my list.

Right behind it though, is the old Browning Takedown Auto. I love those.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...