Practically Shooting

Pic of my new FireStorm 1911 .45 ACP

G-MAN

Well, I went into the gun store today to get a Fobus holster for my P95 and wound up getting another new pistol. I've always been a sucker for the 1911. I've still got a Llama IX-A that I bought 30 years ago. Boy have 1911 clones come a long way since then.

When the guy showed me this FireStorm 1911 I was hooked. The fit and finish is really something for a gun in the price range. And it's got quite a few "extras" that you would typically find on much more expensive 1911s. Price? $420.00 out the door.

Here's a good review I found using Google.

This is very interesting indeed. I can't say that I've heard of Firestorm 1911's - who makes the parts and where are they assembled?

GMAN - will you be making another trip to the gun store soon? laugh

Wayne

Yeah, I'm going back tomorrow. hehe

The FireStorm 1911 and American Classic 1911 (which is the exact same gun) are made by the same factory in the Philippines that makes the Rock Island Armory 1911 and the Charles Daly 1911.

BTW, frame and slide on the FireStorm are forged, not cast. Gun is as tight and slick as $1500 Colt 1911. Can't wait to shoot it.