Practically Shooting

Scope review: Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x50

Moe

After putting an inferior scope on my Anschutz 1517 MPR to start, I purchased this Bushnell on the recommendation of my local gunsmith.

The scope is very good for the under $300 I paid for it. It is clear and has a great field of view on the higher magnifications. AO markings on the objective lens match up with the distances. The fast focus rear lens make set up a breeze. The 1/4 MOA clicks are very precise. After zeroing the rifle, I played around with the adjustments and they were dead on. The lack of target turrets and maybe 1/8 MOA adjustments are my only small complaints. The duplex reticle is fine enough for serious target work. The new RainGuard coating and a free jacket sealed the deal.

My other choice would of been a Leupold 4-14x50 VariX3. At twice the price, there is no question about Leupold's quality and service. For now, the Bushnell will do quite nicely. smile

Well, I will have to check that out. I didn't change the magnification setting all day, leaving it on 15x. Eye relieve was o.k. @15x, but the recoil on this rifle is almost non-existant and I really didn't pay attention to it.