Practically Shooting

Pic of my new P95

G-MAN

Picked up my new P95 this evening after work. I just finished field stripping and cleaning it. Based on the amount of assembly grease that was gobbed on the friction surfaces of the slide and the rails on the frame, I'd say a lot of misfeeds and jams with new guns until they get "broken in" comes from not cleaning them good before firing for the first time.

Overall I'm super pleased. Concealed carry course is Dec 12, but I'm going to the range before then and put at least 50 rounds through this thing to get used to it.

I seem to remember a lot of grease on mine also when I took delivery. Took that off and replaced with oil before firing the first time.

Putting a box or two of ammo through it first thing is a good idea. If there is a problem (unlikely) it's best not to find out during your class.

My P90 had copious amounts of grease, so much the I'll bet the guy at the Ruger factory had a good chuckle when he sent it down the line. I cleaned it all out and oiled with Rem Oil.

Definitely run a few boxes of ammo through it as it will 'loosen' up and you'll work any problems out before you have to depend on it.

Wayne