Practically Shooting

Mosin Nagant

BlueOvalFitter

Are there any MN owners here? I currently own an all numbers matching 1943 Ischev 91/30. It's not in excellent shape, but it's not far from it. The only problem with it, if you want to call it a problem, is it's counter bored. But, on the plus side, it's VERY accurate. It will shoot a flea off of a fly's rear end at 500 meters! :grin:

Back in the late 80's, early 90's, I would buy them (6) at a time from THE SHOTGUN NEWS paper. The prices were $49.95-$69.95. I bought them to sell. I wish I would have saved a few. The lowest price I  have seen them sell for are $300+. In 2014, I paid $150 for the one I currently own. 

dzxcuo.jpg

ejbjo1.jpg

wcefi8.jpg

whocab.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not yet an owner...but someday, when a few other rifles in which I've got a greater interest are occupying my safe, then a MN is on the list, but I was thinking of a Finnish built one...

And yes - I realize that EVERY milsurp rifle is appreciating in price.  In the two years since I bought the K-31, they're nearly double the price...

Edited by Astro14

I PICKED UP A MODEL.91/30 MADE AT ''IZHEVSK IN 1938.

HAS THE ''7th. Graul Arsenal refurb mark on it. (square with line corner to corner).

not been shot since factory refurb. after ww2. full of cosmoline........

looks like it just came out of factory..........paid $150 Canadian.....as prices ARE going up quickly, might just leave it ''unfired'' and make a few bucks on it........in 2019.....

local CABELAS has a Christmas special on ''new'' Chinese SKS for $189 cdn.....but i'll stick with my RUSSIANS.

3 hours ago, TOFINOtom said:

I PICKED UP A MODEL.91/30 MADE AT ''IZHEVSK IN 1938.

HAS THE ''7th. Graul Arsenal refurb mark on it. (square with line corner to corner).

not been shot since factory refurb. after ww2. full of cosmoline........

looks like it just came out of factory..........paid $150 Canadian.....as prices ARE going up quickly, might just leave it ''unfired'' and make a few bucks on it........in 2019.....

local CABELAS has a Christmas special on ''new'' Chinese SKS for $189 cdn.....but i'll stick with my RUSSIANS.

That's a good price. I own (3) Norinco Paratroopers. The going prices here start at about $350. I remember back in the day I could buy them for $79.95.