Practically Shooting

Remington V3 on the way

wwillson

I'm hoping this Shell Catcher will work on the V3.

It should work with the 1oz steel loads we shoot at the Naperville trap range.  I do load 11/16oz light loads that I doubt will cycle the bolt, but I wouldn't expect them to.  I've never had a gun that points exactly where I want it to at all times, seems they all miss a target from time to time!

s-l500.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've now shot about ten rounds of trap with the V3.  It's certainly not a trap gun like my BT99, but it's not supposed to be.  The V3 has worked perfectly without a single problem.  The recoil is so soft compared to my 870 that shooting the V3 is like shooting a .410.  The gas system works perfectly, it ejects all of my reloads from 1 1/8oz fast games loads to my 11/16 oz low recoil practice loads (both 2 3/4").  It throws the 11/16oz hulls about 15' so the system is not suffering from low pressure.  This gas system is so simple, that it's genius.  There are no o-rings, no seals, just the ports and pistons - I can't imagine what could go wrong with it.  

Wayne