Practically Shooting

Bought a Kimber Stainless Target II in 9mm

wwillson

I was bidding on a Kimber Stainless Target II in 9mm a couple days ago and 'accidentally' bought one.  I paid $750, which I think is a good deal, given that they are between $1050 and $1150 at retail.  Should get it tomorrow and how to shoot it Sunday.  I've never shot a 1911 chambered in 9mm - I think I'll like the reduced recoil and less expensive reloads.  Will post a picture when I get it and give a range report.

Wayne

Add a .38 Super barrel, magazine, and recoil spring and you'll have a two-caliber gun.  Maybe three- some Supers will chamber 9x23.  

A friend bought a 9mm 1911-type a few years ago with the intention of saving money on ammo.  At the time, I laughed at his justification for buying it.  Times changed, and he's probably saved a bunch of money.  He hasn't said anything to rub that in my face, so I hope he's forgotten. 

I should pass as along that although his is an SA, for best function he found he has to use the magazines Springfield Armory (or Rob Leatham, depending in where you hear or read it) designed for 9mm 1911-types.   These have the added "feed ramp" of a piece of the magazine body bent over the top front.   Metalform made them originally, maybe others now.   If you have trouble, try those before doing anything besides giving it to me.   I know Brownell's has them  

Shot about 100 rounds through it a couple days ago.  Looks, feels, and shoots like a 1911 - I LIKE!  The recoil is about 1/2 that of my 1911 in 45ACP - I like that too!  Shot nice groups from a rest, basically it shoots as well as I do.  

It's going to be fun to shoot!

• 1 month later...