Practically Shooting

new RIA 1911

dnewton3

Just bought one of these on sale at RK ...

https://us.armscor.com/products/1911-standard-gi

$349 on sale; $375 out the door!

No - it's not a Kimber or Nighthawk, etc.

But then it doesn't cost nearly as much either.

It is to be a range toy and not a carry piece, although to be honest the build quality seems more than sufficient to serve as such, but simply has no frills.

• 2 months later...

Just finally got around to shooting it over this past weekend.

Very much like the gun. Great value overall.

The trigger was by no means a target or custom piece; it's a bit stiff. But it's not creepy by any means; generally smooth. As for weight of pull, I have to "guess" it at about 5-6 lbs? I don't have a scale for that.

If they get that cheap again, I just might have to pick another up.

• 2 months later...

This is my Rock Island Armory 1911. It's a plain Jane G.I. Model in 9 MM I pick up for just $357.00 out the door on sale. The gun shoots like a dream. The trigger is better than the triggers on most of my Springfield's. Perhaps I got lucky, I don't know. But overall I would give this gun a "10" on quality and performance. With the price of .45 ACP ammo compared to 9 MM, this gun is going to get shot a lot.

RockIslandArmory9MM001_zps39d3c742.jpg

Edited by billt

• 3 months later...

That's it. I purchased it from Davidson's through my local dealer. They had them on sale for just $327.00. With tax and shipping it came to $357.00 out the door. I couldn't pass it up. Not only that, but it came with a Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty. Every gun Davidson's sells does. Pretty hard to beat. A great gun at a great price!