Practically Shooting

MOSSBERG 500PUMP .410

TOFINOtom

Really don't like asking but must spend some cash on a new shotgun before i spend it on something foolish like a new stove or cupboards. found a great grouse location while moose hunting this past fall.seems no one hunts them. mule deer and moose are whats hunted in the area. a nice 410 to pot the blues ruffies and big old sharptail. lots in the big fir trees but many more in the willows. could use a .22 but i think the 410 would be ideal.shots under 20 yards. anyone have a 410 mossberg??? how has it performed for you ? have and had 12 and 20 ga. mosseys and they have been good reliable firearms tks TT

My brother had one the last I knew (we don't talk much). It was actually the New Haven brand- same thing.

It was alright. Always seemed to work. Kind of a cute gun, really.

He used it on pigeons, but I don't know if he got any except the time I saw him shoot at some from inside an old barn.

Ordinarily I don't think much of the .410 on game, after seeing sitting rabbits hit with my dad's single shot Winchester 370- and run. But grouse- it might be OK there.

I would look at prices on shells before buying. Sometimes, but not always, .410s cost as much or more than those Winchester, Remington, or Federal 100-rd packs of 20 or 12 gauge shells.

The only .410 I have is my dad's old Win 370 and a Contender barrel, and I don't shoot either enough anymore to buy often.