Practically Shooting

1952 ITHICA MODEL37/12GA.

TOFINOtom

My newest old shotgun is a 1952 ithaca model 37 with the corncobslider. right place,right time. fellow hard up for cash. was his dads. slight wear on bluing at muzzle from sliding in and out of gun case. brought my own case and told him to keep the leather case for a souvinier. I ask him if he would like me to call him in the fall to see if he wanted to buy it back. he said thanks but no,it was mine. i did call him in september, we met for coffee. he brought along the leather case, said it belonged with the OLD ITHACA and was glad it had a good home. KARMA, I AM NOt REGLIOUS but believe what goes around,comes around. a week before i called him, i gave a 1910 12ga. ithaca flues with 20ga. inserts to the son of a fellow i worked and hunt with. it was in good-very good condition. the young fellow wanted to hunt grouse and could not afford to buy his OWN shotgun. when i was 14, a friend of my grandad gave me an old IVERjohnson 12 ga. trap gun.I remember how PROUD i was to have my own gun.back then,such things were important to young boys.i had a stevens single shot, but so did all the local farm kids. imagine the horror today,half a dozen kids with guns walking down the towns main dirt road, armed, heck, we have to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle in b.c. to day.anyways,my old new 37 looks almost new. must shoot a few blue and ruffies this wek,once i pare down my wifes honey do list. TOFINO tom