Practically Shooting

Anyone have a Baby Eagle?

Jim

Does anyone have a MR Baby Desert Eagle II? I'm doing homework on them and have read good things about them. They are modeled from the CZ-75 and have similar frames. Let me know of any reviews, good or bad on this or any MR pistols.

Thanks.

Since no one else has responded, I'll give my very limited view from afar.

I don't know the difference between a Baby Desert Eagle II and a Baby Desert Eagle. The tiny bit I know applies to the BDE. I didn't know there was a "II".

I know of several that have passed through the local gunshop, but most went to people I don't know. None went to any of the regular shooters. The only one I know of that went to someone I know, and has been shot, belongs to a guy who may have had it out in the sunlight five times total. He uses it with the old .41 AE conversion barrel he had since the late 80s (came with a Jericho, I think). Yep, he spent the money on a new Baby DE so he could shoot up a few boxes of 25 year old ammo.

The last time I talked to him, he was happy with it.

Aside from that, it's all I know. I have been watching too, because the last time my wife went through what was available checking to see what grip felt best to her, the BDE was her favorite. I wanted to hold off until I learned more about them. I still don't know any more than I did.

• 2 weeks later...

my old boss bought a baby eagle(JERICO941)about 6 months ago. has the poly barrel. after about 300 rounds ,lead and jhp reloads started to key hole at 25 yards. took it back to local CABALAS type sporting goods store. had a new barrel in about 2 weeks. he went to arizona a few days ago.we have run about 150 rounds thru it so far. i don't know if its the II model,i suspect not. TT