Practically Shooting

Geissele trigger for AR15 - how good are they?

wwillson

As you know I spend a few days each year traveling to South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs(rats). After the first 30 minutes of shooting the majority of shots are between 200-400 yards. My Bushmaster Varminter has the standard Bushmaster 2-stage trigger which claims a 3lb first stage and a 1lb second stage pull. At 100 yards I find the trigger is acceptable, but the travel and pull is noticeable when taking precise shots. At distances beyond 100 yards, I really wish I had a better trigger with less travel in the first stage and a very light crisp second stage. The Geissele trigger system seems to have an outstanding reputation in match rifles. They aren't cheap and I'm wondering if they are worth the price. This particular trigger:

Geissele Hi-Speed National Match

Has a first stage adjustable pull from 1.5 - 2.5lb and a second stage pull adjustable from 0.4 - 0.9lb.

I don't know how easy it is to change the pull weight in the field? Anyone have experience with Geissele triggers?

Wayne

Don't know. The first place I'd ask would be a Highpower forum, though. I guarantee they would know. Try www.highpower.us

When I shot highpower, there were only three or four choices. The Millazo-Krieger was the favorite then. That's been a while. I think Geissle is the pick now.

I know some of them are despised by the tactical guys because of failures/breakages. I think this is primarily from the "factory match" triggers some makers offer.

I did try the Geissle in an FNH SCAR a while back. It was beautiful.

I am wanting a SCAR pretty bad, and that trigger is tempting too, but it's $400.