Practically Shooting

Gonna buy a Hi-point C9

Scotty

Yes. Got it today and can't wait to shoot it. Gun shop guys says he sells a lot of them and gets few complaints.

Reviews I saw are good. Some comments about it being ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like its looks.

I see it as a workingman's gun. Functional and reliable with no gingerbread. Not meant to be a work of art.

I'll put a couple of boxes of ammo through it this weekend.

If it is a blowback design, I would be carefull with the ammo. I would stay away from some of the +p stuff that's out there. I don't know what the owners manual says, but I would guess they don't recommend +p because of the blowback design.

Most all full auto sub guns are blowback, capable of using HOT milspec ammo. Why would closed bolt semi not be acceptable? These things have just about as much snob apeal as an AK. Also like an AK,,, if you pull the trigger it's GONNA GO OFF!!!

Come on guys,,, this is a $150. plinker! Blast away, hose 'er down with brake cleaner, if it gets too worn, damaged, or dirty to function, put it of on some sucker (preferably a dealer) at a gun show and get another!

Bob

Glad to hear +p ammo can be used. My first thought was in a blowback design IN A HANDGUN, the recoil spring and bolt would be much lighter than in a open bolt machine pistol or machine gun due to size limitations. A heavy slide and spring gets the job done in a small package. Great deal!

Most all full auto sub guns are blowback, capable of using HOT milspec ammo. Why would closed bolt semi not be acceptable? These things have just about as much snob apeal as an AK. Also like an AK,,, if you pull the trigger it's GONNA GO OFF!!!

Come on guys,,, this is a $150. plinker! Blast away, hose 'er down with brake cleaner, if it gets too worn, damaged, or dirty to function, put it of on some sucker (preferably a dealer) at a gun show and get another!

Bob

Amen Brother.

Put another 100 rounds of ammo through it a couple of days ago with no failures. That makes 200 total. I've now invested 1/3 the cost of the gun in ammo in the few days that I've had it. My $160 gun will drive me to the poorhouse.

Seriously, it's a lot of fun. I like simple and no frills.

It's funny. I did reload about twenty years ago. Had a pretty nice setup. Then, I just lost interest in shooting period and sold all the equipment. Duh.

My interest in guns returned a couple of years ago because I have more time to devote to it. May get back into the reloading end once I get tired of paying for factory ammo.

It's funny. I did reload about twenty years ago. Had a pretty nice setup. Then, I just lost interest in shooting period and sold all the equipment. Duh.

My interest in guns returned a couple of years ago because I was afraid you couldn't buy one by now!! May get back into the reloading end once I get tired of paying for factory ammo.

Fixed that for ya! grin,,,Least that's what re-kindled my interest!

Bob

Yeah, the last election rekindled my interest ...

If you like that C9, you would really like the Hi Point 40 and 45. Both are a lot of fun, and very accurate.

I just clean my HP's as best I can; I don't think its necessary to tear them down very often.