Practically Shooting

Colt or Daniel Defense Basic AR-15

Pablo

Its one of those things that sounds good until you see the negatives, and those negatives look worse than expected.

Really, It's a compromise wherever it's mounted. If mounted at the common 10:00 or 2:00, people like to point out that it can be in a bad place if you have to round a corner. For example, if it's at 10:00 and you have to negotiate a left turn corner, the light will be aimed at drywall. Likewise a 2:00 light and a RH corner. That concerned me for a while.

Then I thought about it. If cornering properly, I will be closer to the wall away from the turn. In other words, if working a LH corner, I should be far to the right. The light won't be too close to the wall and give mr "bounce back" illumination then.

Of course, not everything goes as planned and I might be on the "wrong" side because there is no choice. I'll risk it. I'd rather risk that than mount it at 12:00 and be sure to throw a shadow on the hands if holding someone.

What is probably best is two lights, but I'm not adding another.

This is a good point behind always having a handheld light handy. It's a handful to use a handheld with a long gun, but in some situations I can see myself reaching for one if I had it.