Practically Shooting

Hogue rubber grip for 1911

wwillson

I was at the range this weekend and a buddy of mine had a 1911 with a Hogue rubber grip. I tried to find it on the Hogue website, but that's got to be one of the worst websites ever for finding a specific product.

I was very impressed by the way the grip feels in my hand and by the fact that there in no tendency for the grip to slip when firing. I think I'll order a set this week.

Wayne

Rubber grips feel good, but they cause problems with concealed carry. Your outerware like a jacket or shirt has a tendency to grip the rubber and start riding it up until the weapon is exposed if used with a belt style holster.

If it feels good, go for it. If you carry it, be aware that this can happen.

I have Pachmayr's on my custom Commander. They're fat and feel good but they'd be too big and sticky for CCW. I'd like to handle a 1911 with the Hogue's. I love them on my single stack ( non-1911 ) Smith's. Maybe it's because those guns are thin, but they don't seem to stick to clothing too badly. Wearing one in an IWB holster is no problem.